Advanced Level Seminar Usability Testing and Evaluation CPUX-UT (Online)
Learning objectives and content
How do you test and evaluate products in a user-centered way? How do you recruit test persons, organize a usability test and evaluate it?
As an official training provider of the UXQB, USE-Ing. prepares you optimally for the “Certified Professional for Usability and User Experience – Usability Testing and Evaluation (CPUX-UT)” exam in this four-day intensive training course and turns you into a usability testing expert. In daily blocks of four hours each, you will learn in-depth knowledge about usability tests and evaluations and apply this knowledge in practice. The seminar teaches the official CPUX-UT curriculum and can be taken as preparation for the certification exam or independently. Specifically, the seminar covers the following content, which is taught and consolidated through exercises and examples:
- The basics of user interfaces and human-machine interfaces.
- In-depth knowledge of terms and concepts from the field of evaluation and testing of user interfaces (usability testing).
- Practical application of test and evaluation techniques and methods.
- Planning, conducting and documenting usability tests (remote, on-site, synchronous, asynchronous) with users.
- Setting up a usability laboratory.
Practical and successful preparation for the CPUX-UT certification
The theoretical knowledge is taught through many practical exercises as well as sample exam questions and a mock exam including discussion. Our certified lecturers have many years of practical experience as UX consultants and will answer all your questions.
Certificate of participation and CPUX-UT certificate
If you complete the course in full, you will receive a certificate of attendance, which documents the content of the course and the knowledge you have acquired. In addition, we enable participants to acquire the internationally recognized CPUX-UT certificate, the standard for user requirements engineering of the International Usability & User Experience Qualification Board (UXQB).
Please note: The prerequisite for taking the exam to obtain the CPUX-UT certificate is possession of the Certified Professional for Usability and User Experience – Foundation Level (CPUX-F) certificate. If you do not yet have this, you can acquire it as part of one of our CPUX-F training courses.
You acquire the CPUX-UT certificate by passing both a theoretical and a practical certification exam. The 90-minute theoretical exam is supervised by the respective certification body and consists of 40 multiple-choice questions. The practical exam consists of conducting a usability test of a website with three participants. The participants are acquired independently. The usability tests should be carried out within one week after prior planning. Both the usability test report and the unedited video recordings must be submitted. Further information on the content and the exam can be found here.
If you would like to take the certification exam after the seminar, you can choose a suitable date and exam location from the certification provider Certible or ISQI and register for the exam yourself. Alternatively, you can simply let us organize the exam for you.
The seminar is aimed at all those involved in the user- and human-centered development of physical (e.g. devices, appliances, machines) or digital (e.g. software, apps) products. Basic knowledge of UX and usability is recommended for participation.
As a product manager, innovation manager, UX / usability tester or marketing manager, you will learn human-centered approaches and the basics of user-centered testing and evaluation of products.
As a product developer, designer, design engineer, electrical engineer, software developer or consultant, you will learn how to use human-centred approaches to optimize your products to meet the needs of their future users.
The number of seminar participants is limited to 10 in order to ensure optimal support and knowledge transfer. In the course of constructive and motivated group cooperation, we always ensure that the composition and selection of participants in our seminars is as heterogeneous as possible.
Her lecturers have many years of experience in academic research and teaching as well as in designing and consulting in the field of human-centered product development. We look forward to your participation:
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Stefan Pfeffer (UX / Usability – professional, development engineer and product designer)
The course content is divided into four days of four hours each (14:00 – 18:00) and is conducted via video conference in interactive live remote format with your lecturer. In addition, homework is presented at the end of each day and participants are given the opportunity to work on the results until the next session. Your lecturer will take enough time to discuss the results afterwards and provide feedback so that you can get the most out of the seminar content.
You will find the detailed seminar schedule below.
Afternoon 1 (14:00 – 18:00)
- Introduction Usability Evaluation
- Basic elements of a usability test
- Planning a usability test
- Exercises: Developing a test plan and test script, developing test tasks
Afternoon 2 (14:00 – 18:00)
- Preparation and implementation of a usability test
- Moderation techniques
- Analyzing, describing and classifying usability findings
- Communication of usability findings
- Exercises: Conducting a usability test, evaluating a usability test
Afternoon 3 (14:00 – 18:00)
- Quantitative usability evaluation
- Variants of usability tests (e.g. remote usability test, RITE etc.)
- Ethical and legal aspects of usability tests
- Exercises: Developing usability metrics and acceptance criteria
Afternoon 4 (14:00 – 18:00)
- User survey / questionnaire construction
- Usability inspection by means of cognitive walkthrough
- Usability inspection by means of heuristic evaluation
- Exercises: Develop questionnaire items, conduct cognitive walkthrough, conduct heuristic evaluation
Evening of the 4th day (18:00 – 19:30)
- Official theory exam CPUX-UT*
*The theory exam takes place online. You can choose to take it at the end of the course or arrange a different date if you would like to review the material before taking the exam. The practical exam is individually tailored to each participant and can also be taken online on request.
Participation fee / costs
The regular costs for the four-day intensive training course total EUR 1,300 plus VAT or EUR 1,606.50 including VAT. If desired by the participant, the UXQB® certification examination “Certified Professional for Usability and User Experience – Usability Testing and Evaluation (CPUX-UT)” is associated with additional examination costs of 600,- Euro (450,- Euro for students or 540,- Euro for members of one of these organizations) in addition to the regular seminar costs. Further information on the certificate and the exam can be found here.
We grant discounts under the following special circumstances:
- 10 % early booking discount for binding registration up to 2 months before the start of the seminar
- 20 % from the second participant of a company
- 30 % for active customers of USE-Ing.
- 50 % for enrolled students up to the age of 30
Please note that only one discount can be claimed per participant.
Do you have any questions?
Our seminar manager Madeleine Kessler will be happy to answer your questions.
- 26.02. - 27.02.2024 Seminar Usability & User Experience Foundation- Preparation for CPUX-F Certification (german, presence)
- 26.02. - 01.03.2024 Advanced Level Seminar User Requirements Engineering CPUX-UR (Online)
- 04.03. - 07.03.2024 Certified Human Factors & Usability Engineering Medical Devices (German, Online)
You would like to register for one of our seminars?Registration
We regularly conduct individually customized in-house seminars.
In these seminars, we can address the concrete challenges of the human-centric product development of your company.
We would be pleased to discuss specific seminar requests with you.In-House Seminar Contact